Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Inspiration


About a month ago I decided to make an inspiration board. My son joined me in the activity and it turned into more of a collage of all the phrases and words and people that sparked inspiration and aspiration. I am calling this 11x17 poster board of magazine clippings my springboard to greatness!

I know it must sound really silly. But as I worked on this "artwork" I couldn't stop. Words and images just jumped from the pages of the magazines that had great meaning to me. Since creating it, I take a look at it every couple of days and choose some phrase or word just sticks out and I try to focus o it for the day (I even have a picture of it on my blackberry). I don't know how well you can see it on the picture but it includes phrases and words like:


  • Spiritual Refreshment

  • Make Your Voice Heard

  • Spend Time on What You Value Most

  • Wisdom

  • Love

  • Serenity

  • Sustain Your Joy

  • A Good Human

  • Faith

  • Expect More

  • Believe

  • Wealthy and Wise

  • Grab Life

I could just go on and on. Of course it also includes photos of 6 inspiring women of talent, grace, style, ambition; CeCe Winans, Desiree Rogers, Madame CJ Walker, Michelle Obama, Rosie the Riveter, and Oprah. This is just one of the tools that will be helping me along in my journey to divine purpose.

Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment